Sunday, February 10, 2013

It's been awhile...

    I'm sorry...it's been awhile since my last post. Much has happened this past week. My baby girl, Livi, turned 4!!! :)

I still remember being in the hospital when she entered this world...what a miracle! :) I can't believe that was 4 years ago! This little girl has blessed my life in so many ways; too many to count. She brightens each and every day, even being so far apart. I love getting pictures sent to my phone from her mama of that beautiful smile!
Also, Beth and I went visiting teaching today after church and let me just say...it was an amazing experience! It was Beth's turn to give a lesson, but she said she had felt prompted by the Spirit to just ask the sisters if there was anything in particular they were struggling with. What an inspiration because we had wonderful discussions with both of the sisters we visit about what personal challenges they are having at this time and we were able to relate to them and give (hopefully) some helpful advice! Also, it was a testimony to me because although the two sisters were going through two very different things, they both have similar challenges to me at this moment. Visiting teaching is truly a blessing to all those who partake in it. Beth and I were able to get to know these two sisters that much more today and we were also strengthened through our discussion. It's nice to know that we are not alone in our trials. Everyone is going through something and the Lord will never leave us comfortless. I love this Gospel because it brings so much joy to my life. Life is hard, but it wouldn't be worth it if it wasn't. In Sunday School this morning, my roommate, Amanda, made an awesome comment. We were talking about Personal Revelation and how to deal with trials I guess. She said that in the premortal life, we knew what challenges we were going to be facing. We knew how hard it was going to be here on earth, and still we made the decision to come here. We CHOSE Heavenly Father's Plan for us because we KNEW it to be right. We must have had so much trust in His Plan that we just knew that there was no other way to have eternal life. I have a testimony of the power of prayer. In my Sign Language class, we learned how to sign a prayer. While starting out, it's a little repetitive because I only now so many signs, it's absolutely great to learn the Deal culture! Our homework was to practice signing our own personal prayers and it's really been quite an experience for me. I know this Gospel is the only true gospel on the earth today. I know that our loving Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, loves us and seeks divine guidance to guide us safely home. I know the Prophet Joseph Smith restored the Gospel and was indeed visited by Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know the Book of Mormon is true and that we can know everything we need for this life in it. I know families can be together forever through the sacred ordinances in the Lord's temples. I know we can receive personal revelation if and when we sincerely seek for it. I know Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers and that He loves us infinitely. I know the Savior Jesus Christ atoned for our sins and felt every pain in this world. He sacrificed Himself for us and He did so because He loves us. This Gospel is TRUE...there is no other explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment