Sorry, its been a little while since I've blogged. My weekend was rather filled and really fun! Friday night, my good friend Josh and I went to see the Sleeping Beauty Ballet that BYU performed. It was brilliant and wonderful! Josh and I, both being string nerds, loved the music and I, being a ballet nerd, loved the dancing! :)
Saturday was a lazy day, but extremely relaxing! At noon, Beth and I attended a Self-Defense workshop for some Relief Society sisters in our stake. For my self-defense class, I have to attend an activity outside of class, so that counted. :) Around 4:30-ish, Beth, Amanda, Megan, and I left for Salt Lake. We stopped in Draper @ Zupas to eat and it was simply marvelous! Apparently, Zupas is another "out-west" thing...its a soup/salad/sandwich cafe that is absolutely divine! My usual is the Ultimate Grilled Cheese with a Caesar Salad, but I've also had the Tomato Basil soup and that is good as well! I have yet to get anything that I didn't like. Anyways, we were on our way to Salt Lake to walk around Temple Square for a little bit. Then, we attended BYU Men's Chorus concert in the Conference Center Theater. It was such a phenomenal concert! They sang 4 more songs from their new missionary album "Set Apart," that will be available for download on April 5, 2013! :) They also sang a Jungle Rhythm and Jungle Book medley that was just adorable! Since we have multiple friends in this choir, we really enjoyed it! :) On our way back to good ole Provo, we stopped at Megan's house in American Fork and her wonderful mama treated us to brownies and ice cream! Yummy!
Sunday was a wonderful day also! My roommate, Sarah, spoke in Sacrament meeting and our Frisbee friends (who aren't in our Ward) Josh and Grant, came to our Sacrament meeting to hear her. Somehow we all got roped into singing in the ward choir for the rest hymn (since the ward choir director, Kyle, was sitting 2 rows behind us and was in need of singers). So, my roomies and our boys joined in the ward choir singing "I Know that My Redeemer Lives." For future note, I hope this didn't encourage Kyle to keep bugging me about joining the choir for good!
Monday...NO CLASSES! Happy Presidents' Day to All! :) As much as I wanted Monday to be another lazy day...it wasn't. We had already planned to have some friends over for dinner, so of course we needed to go grocery shopping for the main course and dessert. We enjoyed chicken tacos, chips n salsa, and fruit pizza that night! :)
All weekend and even into today, it has been absolutely beautiful weather! Today, it was 40 degrees and sunny! I definitely was wearing sandals and I had absolutely no motivation to go to any classes. (I did go to classes...I'm a good girl!) I just wanted to stay outside all day and play; definitely not be in a classroom all day! :(
If you are in need of a laugh, go to www.dearelder.com and on the left-hand side is a link for "Dear John Letters." The roomies and I have been reading these frequently lately because they are absolutely horrifying and hilarious at the same time! Apparently these letters are real letters that have been donated for entertainments' sake. They are completely awful and heart-breaking, but so funny that we are all rolling by the time we finish.
No comments:
Post a Comment