Monday, November 11, 2013

November 11

Today I am grateful for a lot of things. I'm grateful for all the veterans who have served our country and have helped make our freedom possible. Grateful to my own veterans that I know personally (grandpas, uncles, etc) that makes Veteran's Day a little more personal for everyone.
Also today I am grateful for my family. While they may be opinionated and pushy, they are so supportive of me and everything I do. I know they have my best interest at heart and I appreciate what they do for me, especially while I'm so far away from home.
I'm also grateful today for my hunny. It has been quite a stressful day for me (and him too), but nonetheless, he has been trying his best to keep me calm and stress-free! One of the questions in our book ("300 questions for LDS Couples Before Marriage") goes something along the lines of 'Do you put your own needs higher than your significant others' needs or are they equal?' This is truly what sums up my day so far. Josh has such a stressful week this week. He has 3 tests and 2 papers, and he has to do well on all of them. However, he recognized that I was upset today and completely forgot about himself and put comforting me at the top of his list of to-dos. So glad I have him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment