Friday, December 20, 2013

A Literal Hell...

The past two days have been a literal hell for me, as well as many family and friends. On Wednesday I received a text message from Jeana telling her siblings that she had noticed Kason's head looked a little swelled. She took him into the doctor and he ordered a CT scan. The scan showed there was fluid in his brain, so they were sent to Children's Hospital in Milwaukee that night to talk to a neurosurgeon. Yesterday, this little boy had to be put through 2 brain surgeries, suffered some bleeding in his brain, and was heavily sedated. (Sorry if facts aren't accurate...days have started to blend together for us). Today he suffered a seizure and had to be put on anti-seizure meds. Not only have I had this weighing heavily on my mind, but yesterday I got to spend all day in the Salt Lake airport, trying so desperately to get home. Salt Lake got a huge snow storm so my flight was delayed, then canceled. I re-booked for a flight to Minneapolis leaving at 3:10 pm. I sat in the airport for 3 more hours waiting for this next flight. At 5:00 pm, I finally boarded the plane. We sat on the plane for almost an hour and the pilot finally announced that we needed to de-ice, but the airport shut the runways down. They wouldn't open back up for at least 45 minutes to an hour. We finally took off around 7-7:30 pm and got into Minneapolis at 10 pm. There wasn't a flight to Green Bay until this morning, so I had to find a shuttle, find a hotel, pay $65, and stay the night. I got 5 hours of sleep, woke up bright and early this morning to catch my flight. I FINALLY landed in Green Bay at 10:30 this morning. Jenni picked me up, I showered and cleaned up at her apartment, my parents picked us up, and we shot to Milwaukee to see Kason.



We visited this little rock star for a couple of hours, then drove home. I don't think I've cried as much as I have in the last 2 days. Even though I feel like I'm all cried out, more tears still come. I'm trying to be strong for this little guy because his strength is overwhelming! Baby Kason, Auntie Rufie loves you so dearly! I just met you today, but I already love you so much! I know Heavenly Father is watching over you. I trust in Heavenly Father to take care of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment