This is my life. I'm a Mormon. I know it. I live it. And I love it! I am a Daughter of God, who loves me and I love Him. I know who I am, why I'm here and where I'm going.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
What A Clutz!!!
So...today I fell down half a flight of stairs! It was about 10:30 a.m. and I was coming down the stairs at school going to my next class. I guess I wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing because I tripped over my feet and fell head over heels down the stairs! Lakeisha was standing right with me and saw me fall. She screamed because for all she knew, I had passed out and died on her. Several other classmates were either ahead or behind me, but Keisha made sure nothing was broken, then helped me to the office. Luckily, Marty the Nurse was in the office, and also Mr. Oestrich (Spanish teacher's husband, who is also an EMT) was in the office too. He made sure that I wasn't gonna pass out or anything major like that. Then he took my blood pressure and my pulse, and said that everything seemed to be ok. They told me to go into the bathroom with Keisha and check out the areas that were hurting the most, which were my upper right thigh, and my lower back. There was a huge knob on my leg that was all scuffed up and my back was just a little red. My fingers are also a bit scuffed from the school stairs, which are concrete and very hard. It really hurt, and of course, Mom was in Shawano with Dad this morning, so I knew she wasn't home. I called Grandma Carol, thinking that she is always home, but no answer. My next try was to wonderful Michelle, who also was not home. I finally called Becky, who answered and came to school. (Thanks so much!! :) . Jake had called Mom ahead of time, but knowing our family (bad communication), left Mom with the impression of blood gushing from me and so forth...although not the case. Thats alright! Mom was pretty worried, and the school had called her and told her that since there was immediate bruising on my thigh, that it would be a pretty good idea to take me into the doctor to have me checked out. So...into Shawano we went. The doctor could fit me in right away, and just said that nothing was, obviously, broken. I was gonna be very sore, stiff, and swollen. She just said to use an ice-pack on my leg, and Ibprofen for the pain. Thanks so much to everyone who kept me in their thoughts or was there to help. Big thanks to Mom, who drove me to Shawano to the doctor. Luckily, nothing was serious, and thank goodness it wasn't worse than what it actually is!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hope it's feeling better today love!!
ReplyDelete