Sunday, August 1, 2010

Lambeau Field 5K Run/Walk

This past Saturday morning, Brandon & Jeana, Jen, and I attented the Lambeau Field 5K run/walk. It was officially my first race and I had a blast! Although there were many moments during the run where I just kinda gave up and slowed down to a walk, I thought to myself, I can't do this. I finished it, and it was such a wonderful feeling to finish it. Of our little group, I was the last one to finish, but I think it was the best because as I crossed the finish line, they were all standing by the fence, cheering me on! My official time was around 40 minutes 11 seconds or so, which I was really proud about for my first run. Of course, I thought about different little things in my life during the run and as I crossed the finish line, I thought, "This is what I want in my life. My family members standing at the Celestial Gates and cheering me on to finish the earthly race." On a different note, yes, I was passed by several older guys, who I would have thought should not have been walking, much less running! :) Anyways, it was a great experience, and I was just a little stiff the next morning, but not too bad. Very proud of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment