So, I didn't go to bed last night until 3 am, so when I left for class this morning, I was dreading it and already feeling guilty because I knew I would fall asleep in all my classes. So NOT the case! As soon as my first class started, I was wide awake and stayed that way for the rest of the afternoon. I know I'll probably crash around 5-6 o'clock, but I'm totally going to take advantage of this momentum and get as much done as I possibly can!
In Book of Mormon this morning, we discussed Chapters 4-12 in the book of Mosiah. In 5: 2, it talks about how having a "mighty change of heart" will cause us to have "no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually." How awesome is that!? If we believe in Christ and His Spirit, we will loose the desire to sin and will, instead, have a strong desire to do good to others! My teacher, Dr. Marsh, also mentioned how we are the "chosen generation" and how Heavenly Father sent his strongest, most faithful sons and daughters to come forth at this specific time. We, then got onto the topic of missionaries and he had many people in the class stand and announce if they got their calls. After several, he stated, "What a great day to live." This simple struck me in profound ways. What a wonderful day it is to live! I am so grateful to be at this amazing university and to be able to feel of the Spirit in all of my classes and even just walking around campus! I believe that we are truly a chosen generation and that we will do great things!
In my Biology lecture, we discussed genetic diseases and how they are transferred. Specifically, color-blindness and Down Syndrome. Walking into class, I was almost positive that I was bound to zonk out, but I was alert and attentive for the entire lecture and because of this, I learned and was able to retain so much today! :) I learned that if Dad has color-blindness and Mom is a carrier for the trait, their son has a 50 % chance of being color-blind, while their daughter has a 50 % chance of being a carrier. It may not sound interesting whatsoever, but I feel like I was finally able to understand something and I was able to explain it to my neighbor! Which is, by the way, the greatest feeling in the world! :)
Anyways, during my American Heritage class today, we discussed the Battle of Gettysburg and the situation at "Little Round Top." During the lecture, I kept thinking ,"What would our life today be like if this part in history had never happened?" Life would be so different if President Lincoln hadn't abolished slavery and those men involved in Little Round Top situation hadn't been so brave and would've just retreated back towards Washington D.C. instead of defending that hill. What if the Confederate Army had won and slavery was still alive today? Or if there was still so much conflict between the Northern and Southern states; America could've possibly been split? Just some thoughts to maybe ponder if you would like to! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment