Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Oh my goodness...

    It's probably not the best thing to blog while angry; sorry, but I need to vent and this is my only way to do that at this moment. So I'm sitting at the doctor's office, getting Remi. It was the first time I've cried while getting an IV put in in....a really long time. FOUR different nurses, FIVE pokes, and an HOUR and 15 min later, I'm finally starting my medication drip! After three pokes, the nurse tells me I'm looking flushed. Really!? I wonder why! Sorry, I know the nurses are trying their best, but seriously!? Why torture me this way? The tears were already coming at this point. I almost said no, got up, and walked out. I was and still am so frustrated at this point that I wanna call my mom and cry my eyes out. Let me poke you a million times and then tell me how you feel. On the fourth poke, on my third nurse, she hits a valve. Don't know if you've ever experienced this, but it's definitely NOT pleasant! It hurts like crazy! When the fourth nurse came, I almost told her that I was done and that I'd come back and let her try again tomorrow. My last nurse, Amber, gosh do I love her. Within 10 seconds, the IV was in and I was all hooked up to my meds. Remind me to request her the next time!
     I'm in a completely different place, different doctors/nurses, with no transition at all into the adult world of medicine. I'm used to Peds where the nurses are so polite and sweet and treat me like a little kid. I've always hated this, but right now I miss it so much I wanna cry. Plus, I'm not even in an actual doctor's office. I'm in an infusion center, which is mostly filled with cancer patients who are getting chemo. The woman in the chair next to me took one look at me and stated that I was way too young to be in here. What was I supposed to say to that? Another woman in the next chair said, "You're not getting chemo, are you?" I'm so grateful that I was able to answer no and explain to her that I have Crohn's Disease and that I'm here to get Remicade. It's quite an eye-opener being here with these wonderful people who have had such hard trials in their lives. I'm truly grateful for the blessings in my life. I know I have alot to be grateful for. It's going to be quite interesting to see these wonderful people who are afflicted with these terrible diseases in their lives, be exalted on high in God's kingdom. One of the many blessings about coming to BYU, and living on my own in general, is that I've been able to see every person as God sees them. Everyone is truly a child of God and His love for them and each of us is greater than we can comprehend.
  

1 comment:

  1. Gosh sorry Sister! You tell those nurses to be nice or your big sis will kick their rears! Remember I'm always thinking of you and you are most certainly always in my prayers! I can't imagine sitting in the infusion center like that, but what a blessing in disguise to meet people who are struggling more and let it be a humbling and grateful experience for you. I love you and miss you every minute of every day!

    ReplyDelete