Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Choice is Yours...

    I'm blogging just because today is a great day. A principal of my high school stated to us each morning, "Make it a great day...or not. The choice is yours." I really started to reflect on this today. After hearing it every single morning before school, this phrase become quite a joke to all of us. However, it really IS up to you to make your day great or not-so-great. It really is one's attitude and response to the hardships in life that define what kind of a person you really are. For example, when I think of President Hinckley, I always smile because he was so optimistic about life. I actually remember reading an article in The Friend by Pres. Hinckley when I was little about being optimistic. I was in the car with my parents at the time and I asked them what "being optimistic" meant because I had never hear that word before. My mom explained to me that it was the ability to see the bright side of things, even when things get hard. Since then, I have always remembered President Hinckley by his optimism and love for life. That truly is the reason we are on this earth. Heavenly Father wanted us to experience; to learn, grow, and develop. Have you ever had a friend that you refer to as the "Debbie Downer" of the group? I have, and trust me, it is physically, emotionally, and spiritually draining to be around them. They may be great people and good friends, but it's so hard to be happy around people that just don't feel that same happiness. So here's a thought: Try being happy! It really is up to you! If you start out a day that just feels like it's gonna be a bad one, switch it around! It's the difference between a frown and a smile! A smile can LITERALLY change someone else's attitude and may even make a huge difference at how their day may play out. "Don't worry. Be happy." There is way too much negative in the world to constantly be focusing on it. If we all focused on the negatives of every situation, how terrible would the world be? Awful! Of course we're all gonna have those hard days, but it's up to us to pick ourselves up, dust off, and change it around! "Hakuna Matata. It means no worries, for the rest of your days. It's our problem-free philosophy. Hakuna Matata." So stop stressing, and start smiling! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment