Friday, October 19, 2012

"Wait on the Lord..."

     So I still haven't made my decision about a mission yet, but I've decided that I don't need to make that decision right now. The earliest I can send my papers in is January 24, which means I wouldn't start my papers until the end of November/beginning of December. At this point, I'm really torn. I want to serve and I have a desire to go, but I also wanted to get myself more involved in school here at BYU. I afraid though that if I wait to go, I won't want to. I know women are not required to go, not even encouraged. However, I DO want to go; I just don't know when I should or when is the right time. This morning, I was reading in Psalm 27 and I found this in verse 14, "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." This scripture has really had an impact on me and so I will wait on the Lord. If I am supposed to go on a mission, I will go. Likening this unto Nephi, "I will go and do as the Lord commands, for I know the Lord will provide a way."

No comments:

Post a Comment