I've decided there is much, too much, to be grateful for to just name a couple of things. There are too many people in my life that I know I couldn't live without, therefore I'm grateful for all of them! I'm grateful for the beautiful gospel of Jesus Christ in my life that has brought me to BYU. In June of 2011, I was at this very campus for a week for EFY. During a morning scripture study with my company, I was sitting in Heritage actually, a place that I walk past every single day. I was sitting there, leaning back on a fence, contemplating 2 specific questions I came to EFY with.
1) Where in the world am I supposed to go to college?
2) I had been worrying about my medication and its' side effects; one being that I potentially could not have children in the future. Therefore, my question was: Will I be a mom?
Now, I know these questions weren't particularly urgent for me to know the answers, but these were 2 very important questions that weighed heavily on my mind for a long period of time. It was in this moment...sitting on the grass, staring up at those beautiful mountains...that I got my answer to both questions. "You will go to school here." and "Jasmine, don't worry...you will be a mom."
It almost seemed silly that for these questions to weigh so heavily on my mind for so long, I got such simple answers. However, these answers were short, very clear, and just what this girl needed at that point in my life. At the end of the week, I told my mother that I would be attended Brigham Young University the following year. She doubted me...haha...but I knew that she had faith in me, just as I had faith in myself. I knew it wouldn't be easy, but it would be worth it. And oh how worth it it has been! I absolutely love this university and I am amazed every day at the pure beauty of the campus. It is such hard work and I get so overwhelmed and frustrated at times, but Heavenly Father has blessed me with endurance and the fight because not once have I thought that I should just give up. I am NOT giving up. I WILL work my behind off until I succeed because I know that I can do anything with the Lord on my side. I'm so very grateful for the wonderful influence of the Spirit in my life and the determination the Lord has blessed me with. Have an awesome Thanksgiving! Be safe, have fun, and be grateful for what you have in your life! Sending love!
No comments:
Post a Comment