Sunday, November 11, 2012

"...ye are in the service of your God."

    My ward's Sacrament meeting today was all about service. My roommate, Amanda, had to speak and she shared several examples in her life where specific people have showed little acts of kindness/service towards her. Combined with this and the spirit of Thanksgiving, I have really been contemplating the people in my life that I'm especially grateful for. There are not enough words in the English language to express how grateful I am for my family, specifically my parents. I love being able to call my mama whenever I need to talk and most of the time, I just need to hear a familiar voice from home. One of the things I miss most about home is being with my bestest friend, my mom! I miss being able to just go home and chat it up with her! So many conversations...she is a wonderful listener and she tells me when I'm wrong in the situation. "Just be nice to everyone." or "Just like all the boys." were just a couple of her favorites to tell me. :)
    I also am so grateful for my amazing daddy...last week, a couple of my roommates and I went to rent a movie from the BYU Bookstore. There were so many movies there that I would see that reminded me of watching them with my daddy! :) I miss my dad's selective hearing..."Dad. Dad. Dad...DAD!" haha "What?" he answers. :) Miss you Daddy!
    I'm grateful for my wonderful, beautiful, awesome, loving, caring, amazing, gorgeous, smoking hott sisters! I recently had a nice conversation with my sister, Jenni, actually last night. It's a wonderful feeling being able to talk to any of my sisters about absolutely anything! I love and miss them so much! Jeana has helped me so much with my cooking since being on my own. And my sista, Jill, that I'm so grateful for her humor and the assurance of her love.
    I'm grateful for my brothers (Jerod, Jake, and Josh), my sisters-in-law (Michelle, Becky, and Brenda), and my brothers-in-law (Brandon and Joe). I know I am always protected by my brothers and bros-in-law. I get so much help from my sisters-in-law that I will be eternally grateful for!
    I'm grateful for my grandparents, Ike and Carol, who I'm constantly praying for and Chet and Syl, who have both passed on. I recently called Grandma Carol this week and had a nice chat with her. My dear Grandpa was diagnosed with cancer both on his ear and above his eye. The doctors grafted skin from his neck onto his ear, but the last I heard from Grandma is that they thought the grafting on his ear was infected and although he wasn't feeling the greatest, he still hasn't missed a day of work. That's my grandpa for you...he wouldn't sit still even if he wanted to, but you gotta love him! :) I'm so grateful for my grandparents and their wonderful example of faithfulness, righteousness, and a love for serving the Lord.
    There are many other people in my life that I'm so grateful for, but lastly, I'm so thankful for my kids. My Bayles: who calls sometimes just to talk and tell me about her day. I especially love these chats because I miss that girl so much. Kenz: who, last I heard, wasn't feeling too good, but is still working hard and doing well both in school and in sports. Brookie Boo: who is quiet, but when she gets on the phone, she can talk my ear off, which I love! Charlie Bug: who I just talked to for the first time since coming to college on the phone. Couldn't tell you what on earth he said, but it was adorable! :) Kennedy "Red": who caught me crying before I left and hugged me and cried right along with me. Fiona: who loves to tell me about her fun times at school and I love every second of it. Porter: who loves trucks, trains...anything boy. Gryff: who recently had a birthday and I called and he told me all about his digger that he got and was super excited about. Joshie: who has this "gut laugh" that makes anyone near just giggle. Blade: who also recently had a birthday and when I called he didn't know where I was, why wasn't I at home? Jefferson: who was so used to having me in his class at school last year, that when I babysat, called me "Ms. Jas" Dallin: who loves his Auntie Rufie and oh how I love watching Transformers with. Ivy: my sweet little Ivy Girl...how I miss taking naps and cuddling with my girl! Liv: another one of my sweet little girls who gets so excited every time I get to talk to her! And I can NOT wait for little Baby Ejnik, who will be coming in June! So excited to meet this little one and I love him/her already!

3 comments:

  1. I sort love you my seester! Glad you are having a blast out at school, but I miss you like crazy every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were at church in Shawano on Sunday and, before I left nursery, Liv was telling her teachers all about Rufie being gone. Her teachers asked me if I knew who she was talking about because Liv always talks about you but they didn't know who Rufie was. Now they do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you sister!
    Clare! That completely made my day!! :D Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete