Sunday, December 2, 2012

Testimony

        We had the best testimony meeting today in church! It being our last testimony meeting of the semester and having so many of our friends leaving next semester, it was bitter sweet. The Spirit was so strong in that room and I was able to feel of the Savior's love that He has for each and every one of us. As it is usually a mad rush to the pulpit on Fast/Testimony Sunday, I haven't gotten the opportunity to bear my testimony in my singles' ward yet, but I do have a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know there is purpose to everything in this life and that Heavenly Father sends people into our lives to humble us, care for us, and help us grow. Seeing these boys and becoming such great friends with them makes me smile when I hear them talk about their missions. They are so excited to go out and serve the Lord. :) I have a testimony of the power of the Priesthood. This past week, as I was preparing for my Geography test, I was really stressed out...as you well know from my previous posts. I think I'm more worried and stressed about my American Heritage final than anything else. I asked my friends, JD and Jordan, if they could come over and give me a blessing. Before he gave the blessing, JD explained to me that the words weren't going to come from him, they would come from Heavenly Father. He also explained that blessings work in accordance with the receiver's faith. He said, "Heavenly Father will bless you because you had the faith to ask for a blessing." That has really stuck with me this week. He then gave a beautiful blessing and I immediately had this wonderful peace wash over me. I didn't know how it was possible, but I knew that everything was going to be okay. I met with my American Heritage professor on Friday afternoon to talk about how I can better prepare for the final exam. We talked about my concerns about my grade and ways that I can more productively study. Dr. Karpowitz was extremely helpful and he assured me that he would work with me this coming week and that I can do this! I left his office feeling so much better; just a sense of relief, encouragement, and confidence. As Jordan always tells me, "You have to have confidence that you can do it!" :) I have a testimony that families can be together forever. Not being near my family since August has made me realize: forever is a along time and I could not stand to be without any one of them for that long! I also feel such love for my family here at BYU...my FHE family, my amazing friends, and roommates. Having only 13 days left with some of these wonderful people is heart-breaking. JD, Jordan, Evan, Austin, Drew, Robert, Scott, Raymond, Tasia...and many more people that have touched my life and changed it drastically for the good that I may never see again. I really hope that's not the case. I plan to write many of these missionaries and I hope that we will see each other once again when they return. I have a testimony of the unconditional love Heavenly Father has for each and every one of us. We are never alone. He wants each of us to come home to Him and to be conquerors of this life and our trials here. I am grateful for the wonderful influence of the Spirit in my life. I am grateful for the amazing family and friends that have touched my life countless times and I will never forget those friends whom I have met here in my semester at BYU! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment