Due to not having any classes today, Beth and I decided that we
wanted to watch all of the Disney Princess Movies this weekend! :) We
went to the Lee Library and checked out Beauty and the Beast and
Sleeping Beauty, then went to the Bookstore and rented Tangled,
Cinderella, Princess and the Frog, Snow White, and The Little Mermaid.
The ones we couldn't find were Aladdin, Mulan, and Pocahontas :( We
started the Princess Fest last night, meaning we watched Beauty and the
Beast and Sleeping Beauty.
This morning, we slept in :) Then, Beth drove Amanda, Kristen, me, Kyle, and Brett to Les Mis for the 12:30 matinee. It was so good...even better the second time! When we got home, we watched Princess and the Frog, Snow White, The Little Mermaid, Cinderella, and Tangled! It was a good Disney Princess Day!
Back to the grind tomorrow! I have one more tech skill assessment test to go and then I can submit my application to the Elementary Ed. program! Yay! For the Internet & Communications test, I had to post on a blog, so it's a very good thing that I've had some practice blogging before! :)
I've also been thinking quite a bit about a mission again. Last night, both my roommates (Megan & Sarah) had their Stake President interviews and their mission papers are submitted! They both should be getting their calls within 10 days! The desire to serve a mission, for me, has really come and gone. Every time it comes back, however, it comes back even stronger than before.
In Doctrine and Covenants 4, it says:
"Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.
Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.
Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work.
For behold, the field is white and already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;
And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.
Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.
Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen."
I do have a desire to serve, I have a desire to go through the temple, I have a desire to get out of my comfort zone in order to spread the gospel, and I have a desire to be a servant of the Lord. I just don't know if a mission is the right thing for me at this point in my life. The earliest I would go would be late July/into August. 18 months seems like such a long time to be away from my family...but I know the Lord would support me and it would all be worth it in the end. I know that if I were to serve a mission, my family would be blessed and protected. Thinking...
My Snookums...you continue to amaze me every single day! 18 months seems like a lifetime without seeing your beautiful face or a chance to "wressle" but you would be a fabulous Sister Missionary :) I would be so proud to say my that my sister is serving but I will support whatever decision you make!! Love you to the stars and back!
ReplyDelete