I've discovered a love for ballroom. Dancing in the Dance Sport Competition this weekend was so much fun! Kyle and I competed in the BYU Dance 180 Cha Cha event...and we had a blast! I don't wanna brag or anything, but Kyle and I are pretty good and we both have fun dancing. So, we all showed up at the Marriott Center on Saturday morning at 7:30, ready to dance our hearts out! :D The first round, Kyle placed us right in front of the judges! Eeck! Apparently, they liked us because we made recalls! Before competition, our dance teachers had told us that the judges would be all around the dance floor. So backstage before the second round, Kyle and I decided that we would dance on the opposite side of the floor to give the other judges a look at us. ;) Unfortunately, there were only like 5 or 6 judges and they all were on the one side...the side we were on during the first round. So by placing ourselves on the opposite side, there were couples dancing between us and the judges and they didn't really see us. Also, when the music started, we mixed up our counting and started on 1...a huge no-no in cha cha because you are always supposed to start on 2. :( So we didn't make second recalls and were out of the competition. Kyle and I tried to smile and be supportive of the others that made the second recalls, but we were super disappointed. My roommate also videoed our rounds and they are on Facebook (I haven't figured out how to post vids from Facebook yet into my blog posts). The more and more I watched our first performance, the more disheartened and sad I got because we are really good and I think we could have gone far in the competition. But live and learn I guess. :)
We both had so much fun and a shout-out to my roomie Sarah and her partner, Grant, for making it to the quarter-finals! Woo!! So we got to go back last night to support them and then the big guns came out and danced. Kristen, Sarah, Beth, and I watched the Latin Ballroom Competition and it was AMAZING! The couples danced cha cha, samba, rumba, paso doble, and jive and all were so good! So I text Kyle and told him that once he was back from his mish, we were both taking International Latin Ballroom and rocking that dance floor! :D
Here's the group of us that competed...we're missing Megan's partner, Matt, and Josh and Amanda! :D


No comments:
Post a Comment