Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Worried...

   I got a scary phone call earlier tonight while I was packing. It was my niece and she was absolutely hysterical. (like hysterically crying). She was crying and trying to tell me what was wrong, but I couldn't understand a word she was saying. She scared me to death! I thought something had happened, that someone was dead or dying! No worries, nothing bad had happened, at least nothing like that! She was having some issues at school and was really upset about it. I had to laugh (not about her) because I started crying while listening to her just sobbing on the phone! Beth was in the room at the time and I started laughing and was like, "Why am I crying?" haha. I still don't know why I was crying, but it was just hard to listen to her cry like that on the phone and know that I couldn't do anything about it. I couldn't put my arms around her and try to physically calm her down. I had to keep saying, "Babe, calm down. Just breathe" before I could finally understand some of what she was saying. This phone call made me that much more anxious to be home. I'm ready to see my family, my kids, and just be back in my comfort zone. I want to be home to be able to be there for my kiddies!
    However, Sarah and Kristen both moved out this morning and saying goodbye to Sarah (who is going on a mission in about 2 weeks) might have been one of the hardest things I've done. It was hard to say goodbye to Amanda, but I know I'll see her in the fall because we're rooming together again. And with Kristen, she'll be back at BYU in the fall, so we planned to meet for lunch and hang out sometime. But with Sarah, I for sure won't see her for the next 18 months! Actually, she started the water works. She was already crying before she hugged me, but then I started! :( I am just dreading tomorrow...having to say goodbye to so many amazing friends that I've made. Almost all of those friends are going on missions, and I swear that I will see them again. I swear it! I will make it happen! Tonight, Beth, Grant, and I went and ate at the Cannon Center and we talked about all the memories we've had together this year. We talked about the highs and the lows of our Freshman year, and it was just great to look back at all the fun I've had and all the wonderful friends that I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment