This is my life. I'm a Mormon. I know it. I live it. And I love it! I am a Daughter of God, who loves me and I love Him. I know who I am, why I'm here and where I'm going.
Friday, August 2, 2013
Blessings
I've realized that whenever I'm feeling down and out, I can read through any recommendation letters that leaders or teachers have written for me. What made me realize this is recently, I've been working on my essay and whatnot for the 2013 Crohn's Scholarship for $5,000. I applied for this scholarship last year, but didn't receive it. However, I am even more determined to write the best essay that I can! Anyways, for the scholarship I needed 3 letters of recommendation: one from a teacher, one from a community member, and one from my healthcare team. My nurse, Marcia, recently emailed me a copy of the letter she wrote, just asking if everything was correct and accurate. This letter brought me to tears. As I read it aloud to my parents, I could barely get through it and my mother was in tears. It's absolutely amazing to hear such wonderful things about yourself and it amazed me further how absolutely sincere this letter was. Marcia has actually been a recent addition to my healthcare team. My nurse, Laurie, recently was promoted and I have been struggling getting to really know Marcia. I'm so grateful for the doctors and nurses that take care of me. My eyes were definitely opened as to how much they really care about me. Dr. Fish is really like a second dad to me. Since I turned 18 last year, I'm technically not supposed to be in Pediatrics anymore. I can't bear to move on to the adult world because I love my doctors too much! My mom keeps telling me how easier it'd be if we could just get my infusions in Shawano, rather than having to drive all the way to Wausau every time. But I just can't do it. How can I change the system when I know, without a doubt, how much my doctors actually care!? It's not just about my symptoms or how many times I use the restroom on a daily basis. He asks about school and about future plans. He truly cares about me....as a person, not just as a patient. His colleague, Dr. Park, took over for Dr. Fish while he was on vacation awhile back. He laughed a little when talking with me and when I was confused, he explained that Dr. Fish writes in my charts as if I'm his own daughter. No other doctor has made me feel so special before. I look forward to my appointments because I get to see Dr. Fish and talk about all the exciting things I've done in the last 10 weeks! :) Heavenly Father has truly blessed me with the influence of amazing people in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment