Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Boo on Me!

I know I know I know!!!! My blog has really suffered some neglect from this girl...MAJORLY! :( I am gonna try to get back in the habit of blogging. I'm taking Children's Literature as an online class through BYU Independent Study and it's really interesting. In my textbook, it talked about the benefits of reading to your children. Experts say that you can never read enough aloud to your children and recommends at least 9 books a day!!! (that's not including any reading they may do at school!) One quote said something to the effect of...you must be doing something right as a parent if you start finding your child is hiding books under their pillow. That was totally me when I was little and still a big part of my life now! I actually read more in the summer than I do during the school year! When I was little, I remember my mom coming to tuck me in and she found the 2 gigantic books I had hidden under my pillow and was planning to read once she left! haha whoops!
    Anyways, so for lesson 2 in my class, I have to read 24 picture books! 13 storybooks, 2 ABC books, 1 counting books, 1 engineered book, 2 concept books, 2 beginner reader books, 1 wordless book, and 2 Mother Goose books. I'm almost done...just have the engineered book left and then I can submit the assignment!

Also, I have been working nonstop! (what else is new?) Annette took day shifts at the nursing home this week, so I have been opening the ice cream shop at 11 since Monday, working til 1:30 when Rissa comes in, then go back at 5 and work til 9! It's been really cool to kinda be on our own a little bit this week...it's a good feeling to know that she trusts us to run her business :)

In other news, I will be starting this Friday teaching violin lessons! Heidi Cerveny and Amy Jensen have asked if I could teach their daughters violin. So I will be teaching Heidi's 3 girls and Amy's little Jessa! I'm really excited to teach them and it will be a really good experience for me!

Summer School starts in just a couple of weeks, so I am excited about that. Some of the chitlins that I had in class last year will be there again this summer, but I will also get to spend my days with my Charlie Bug, Adam Gourley, Grace Haffner (just to name a few)! I'm really excited! Although this bunch of kids will most likely require a lot of energy on my part and from Mr. Dieck, I'm really excited to get to work with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment