I got a calling! I know...super exciting right? :) I was called to be the 'Visiting Teaching District Supervisor' for our ward. Now, that's a super long title and yes, my first question to Brother Bear was: "Ok...what does that mean?" haha. Basically, I will be helping out the VT Coordinator with reporting VT each month and making sure each sister is visited and well taken care of! I'm really excited for this calling (I was hoping I was going to be called doing something involving VT)!
Visiting teaching is so very important in the church. Last year, Beth and I loved going to visit our girls. Actually, second semester we were assigned to visit Meggie and Losa. Interestingly enough, we're now rooming with Meggie and we are both super good friends with both Meggie and Losa. I always thought visiting teaching was just another thing you had to get done. Last year I really learned to appreciate it. It was because Beth and I did our visiting teaching that we really got to know Meggie and Losa and the reason that we are such good friends with them still.
One awesome experience I had with visiting them was one of the first times actually. It was Beth's turn for the lesson and she was divinely inspired to not prepare a lesson really. She instead asked them if there was anything they were struggling with or any trial they were going through at that time that they could use a chat or a hug or anything else. As it turned out, they were struggling with 2 of the main things that I was struggling with! It was so comforting to me to know that I wasn't alone in this. I know the Lord loves me and is ever mindful of me in all aspects of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment