This weekend I flew home (well not home, but to Minneapolis). I met my mom, sisters, and baby Ryan there. Friday afternoon, I flew in and they picked me up from the airport. We went to eat lunch at P.F. Changs, then went to David's Bridal for me to try on wedding dresses for the very first time. I wasn't successful in the sense that I got a dress (because I didn't), but I was successful in the sense that I figured out what style/design of dress I want. I love lace and tulle, with a dropped waistline and not too beaded. Anyways, after that we just went back to the hotel and relaxed. I took a bath with baby Ryan!
On Saturday, we took our time getting ready and went to the Mall of America! Mom found a dress for my wedding in Sears that is way pretty. We went to "Chapel of Love", which is MOA's one and only bridal shop. I found some cheaper options in there, but nothing that I loved. We went to lunch at Bubba Gumps, which was really good! We shopped and shopped and shopped! We finally left the mall at 5 and went back to the hotel. Jenni left for a Chase Rice concert, so Mom, Jeana, Jill, Ryan, and I went to Old Country Buffet for dinner. When we got back, I took another bath with Ryan!
I missed my little man so much! He has grown so big since August! Sorry for a little baby nudity, but I just couldn't keep this picture to myself! He is so adorable! And he absolutely LOVES his baths! Mama Jill runs the bath water super hot, almost too hot for me, and he just absolutely loves it! I can't believe how hot he likes to be, craziness! haha.
It was a great, relaxing weekend, but of course...it went by way too fast! Already early Sunday morning, I had to leave :( I flew into Salt Lake at 9:30 am and Josh came with Lennie Sharp to pick me up (The Sharps are a family in Midvale that Josh really got close to while on his mission). Josh and I went to Sacrament meeting at another ward he served in and I meet some of the members there. I loved getting to hear all about how awesome a missionary he was! From what Ashley Sharp told me, his mission didn't stop him from being himself. That is how he taught the gospel so well...he was himself. He was friendly, he talked with people using things he had in common with him, he taught in stories and he changed the lives of many people. I am very grateful to these wonderful members that took care of him those 2 years. The Sharps are a wonderful family and they remind me a lot of Ryan and Natalie Devey (Brandon's sister and bro-in-law). They are super welcoming and you just feel so relaxed with them. Their kids are adorable and their 6-year-old, Davin, proposed to me right when I got there! Ring and all! So cute!


No comments:
Post a Comment