Today I am grateful for the opportunity to study at BYU to be a teacher. Being a teacher is something that is very important to me. In my Foundations of Education class on Monday nights, we talk about the laws and history of American education. Today, we split into groups and had to focus on a specific question. My groups' question was: "How has the federal government's role in education changed over time?" Our group came up with a fun way of relating this relationship. We pretended we were the federal government and the rest of the class was educators/administrators/etc. We want a donut. It has to be handmade, creme-filled, with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. It has to be wrapped in a blue box with a purple ribbon and needs to be delivered to D.C. from Utah...still warm. The only thing we will help with is the cost for the sprinkles. This relates to the federal government's role in education because there are all these different mandates that they give to the state and local legislatures, but only give funding for a single program.
I don't want to be a teacher for the money. I don't want to be a teacher for the awesome benefits. I want to be a teacher to change the lives of children. I want to be a teacher to make a difference in the lives of children.
No comments:
Post a Comment