Thursday, January 30, 2014

Answered Prayer

So about my little rant I blogged about previously regarding change and how Josh and I need to focus on fixing ourselves before fixing each other...Wednesday morning, Heavenly Father answered my prayer. During our Monday marriage prep class, Brother Goodman was running low on time so he decided to skip over some materials. Well, he started Wednesday's class with apologizing for skipping over that material and he said he felt that he needed to go over it with us. The first 20 minutes of class (the skipped material) was for Josh and I, for sure. It was all about how we can't change our spouse and how only Christ has the power to change people. Bro. Goodman explained how the morning after the day of our wedding, we're going to wake up and realize that we married an imperfect person. It's ok though because our spouse married an imperfect person too! :) He talked about how we can't change our spouse, but we can come unto Christ and have the desire to be a good person for our spouse. Christ can change us and our spouse and we can have a better marriage. As long as we are constantly seeking to have the Spirit in our lives and our relationship, Christ will strengthen us. Wow! Josh and I walked out of class and he says, "I think that class was for us." haha Yeah, my thoughts exactly! It was an amazing experience to have my prayers answered and to have us both really put in our place. We both realized that we need to focus on ourselves rather than trying to fix each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment