After 4 days of beautiful weather, we were bound to have some crappy weather right? Well we got it today in the form of rain, rain, lots of rain. It has been raining literally all day long. On the bright side, I got to wear my cute rainboots today! :)
I can't remember if I blogged about the whole situation with my online class dilemna that I had yesterday. If I did, whoops, but I have to let off some steam about this. So last May I signed up for a class online through BYU Independent Study. The class was one I needed for my major, Children's Literature. I have a year to complete it and I got most of it done in the summer. I just finished up a couple of assignments and now I have to take the final exam. At the beginning of February, I decided that I should just request the exam and get it over with. So I did. I requested the exam and have been waiting ever since for someone to contact me about it. It said to give 2 weeks time for processing and then I should receive a confirmation email saying the location I signed up to take it at had gotten my test and I can come take it. Well, yesterday I realized that it'd been awhile and I still hadn't gotten any email or no one has contacted me yet. So I went onto my gradebook online and read more about the exam and what I read literally gave me a heart attack. It said that once I requested the exam, I had 30 days to take it. If I didn't take it within 30 days, they had to turn my test back in...blank, meaning I would get a zero. In order for me to pass this entire online course, I have to pass the final exam. Well, I looked back and looked at the date I requested the exam...February 2nd. That means I have to take this exam before Sunday, only giving me today, Friday, or Saturday to take it. I started studying a little bit for it awhile ago, but I really hadn't done any hardcore studying for it. I called the Independent Study office and explained the situation. They told me they had no idea why I hadn't gotten an email, but they have had my test since I requested it and I could come take it at any time within the office hours. I asked if I still had to take the test before March 2, and they said yes or I would fail the exam, and ultimately fail the course. Oh boy. Now I have to push my other 2 tests I have this weekend to Monday and Tuesday in order to study hard for this test. I am glad that I'm just getting it done with, but wow...thanks for letting me know I could take it.
Anyways, there's my rant. It was a little stressful for Jasmine, but I think I have everything figured and planned out now. Yay :) Have a great Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment