Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Story of my life...

I know...bad blogger! Bad blogger Jasmine! :) I've been slacking and now I have to try to keep up with blogging with Amanda because she blogs all the time! Things have been going pretty good in the life of Jasmine! Josh works nights usually, so I have lots of time to get homework and studying (and blogging) done. I also watch a lot of episodes of Private Practice on Netflix haha. This past weekend Bryce and Amanda came to visit us in Provo and we went out to eat with them to Texas Roadhouse. It is always a blast catching up with them and it looks like they are thinking about transferring back down to Provo next year for school! I know it's not for sure yet, but just the thought of it got me really excited! I miss my Amanda friend and I don't want us to lose touch after we are both married.
Speaking of marriage...67 more days until our wedding! :) The countdown has started, you bet your bottom it has! Josh and I are taking Marriage Prep as our religion credits at BYU this semester and we are both learning so much! We have a relatively small class with Brother Goodman, who is amazing! Before the first day of class of the semester, Brother Goodman had tried to memorize everyone's names and faces so it's still a little bit of a surprise when Josh or I comment in class and he knows our names! I'm surprised by how much I'm learning and I think the biggest thing I've learned so far is that you can't change your spouse, so don't go into a marriage thinking you can. I've learned that I have to love Josh, and pray to Heavenly Father for help to KEEP loving him, up one side and down the other. I have to love his weaknesses and flaws because I do love him. If I truly love him, which I absolutely do, I have to love all of him! Something that was actually said in class this morning struck me. We were discussing how there's no such thing as "love at first sight" or "falling in love." You can't "fall" into love; love is a process, a journey that we have to "climb" to. So it's a "climb to love."
Also, Josh and I are busy with school, tests, homework, quizzes, work, and spending quality time with each other, we are also trying to get wedding plans done and find a place to live for the fall when we come back out here for school. Married housing is ridiculous!!! Right now I am paying over $300 to live with 5 other girls. For married housing, a cheap apartment would be just over $600! For just TWO people! It's just unbelievable! I'm trying not to think of all our bills we'll have because it just starts to stress me out.
On the bright side, it has been unbelievably wonderful weather in Provo this week! I wore short sleeves and flip flops to class the last 3 days! :) It's still below 60 degrees, but who cares? The sun is out, there's not a cloud in the sky, and it's absolutely perfect!
I know I've been slacking on my blogging and I have much to blog about so I'll try to catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment