Thursday, November 29, 2012

Angels...

   I was having kind of a rough day this morning. I have a Geography test tomorrow and I just started studying today for it. Finals are approaching way too fast for my comfort and I'm just stressing out! :( I realized just last night that I must do very well on my American Heritage final exam to pass the class. My review session for the geography test was only 30 min and I didn't feel like I knew the material enough, so lots of studying for me today! Right as I was walking to my next class and feeling very overwhelmed, one of my roommates, Sarah, texted me this quote:

     "Promise me you'll always remember: you're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think." -Christopher Robin

My roommates are literally angels that come into my life at exactly the right moment that I need them to. I completely believe that Heavenly Father blessed me with such awesome roomies because I definitely need them!
Beth: I share a room with this amazing girl from Spokane, Washington. She has had some very hard trials in her life that she's had to work through, but I can see how strong her testimony is because of it. She has a love for the gospel and is so darn hilarious sometimes that we just laugh and laugh and laugh. I love her to pieces and I'm so grateful to be her roommate!
Sarah: This girl is the definition of service and kindness. Whenever I sign with frustration, she's the first one to ask what's wrong or if she can help. She is also so fun and entertaining to be around that I can't help but smile when I'm around her. I love this girl and her humor; I'm amazed by her simple kindness to everyone around her and her pure attitude about life.
Kristen: This girl knows everyone!!! During NSO (New Student Orientation) I was especially grateful to have her in my Y group. She has this amazing ability to talk to people and easily make new friends. I was very happy to tag along behind her and meet all these wonderful people that she was meeting. She has an amazing testimony of the gospel and it is so interesting and inspirational to listen to her insights on different aspects of doctrines.
Amanda: This girl and I have become really close lately. We have alot in common and I feel like I can tell her anything. Since spending Thanksgiving week with her, I've learned so much more about her. Her family is amazing! Amanda and I have so much downright good fun together and we laugh and laugh! I love her and her desire to work hard.
Megan: This girl and I also have alot in common and we can literally stay up for hours just talking. Boy-wise...we are in similar situations and we both miss our missionaries so much! :) She's such an amazing friend to everyone she encounters and I just love all of our conversations about life and our futures!

I'm so very grateful for my wonderful roommates...I literally could not have gotten better ones! They are everything that I need to get through this hard first semester and they have already strengthened me so much. The first day of Thanksgiving break, a girl on the floor above us was killed in a car accident on her way home. When we each heard about this tragedy, we immediately worried about where everyone was. When we were reunited finally after a week, we talked about how although we have only known each other since August, we could not imagine losing one another. I know that we will be great friends and that we will stay great friends for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment