I'm officially done with classes for my first semester! :) Finals: bring it on! I am so ready to conquer these finals and be done! I can't wait to go home!!!
Yesterday after classes, I called my sister Jeana just to chat. To my surprise, my 3-year-old niece, Livi, answered the phone! I loved getting the chance to talk to that little girl! She talked my ear off for about 10-15 minutes! It was absolutely adorable! I told her that I was coming home in 10 days! Her response, "I know! Jenni told me!!" haha No idea why she was so exasperated with me, but I loved talking to my baby girl! :) I'm getting so anxious to see my kiddos...I literally cannot wait!
More news: I think I'm going to meet with my Bishop within the next few days and open up my mission papers. I'm still not sure if I am going or not, but I decided that I could at least open my papers and get my doctors appts done while I'm home for Christmas. I can't turn them in until late January anyways, but this way I have the option and already will have my appointments done and all that jazz if I decide that I do want to go. When I come back to Utah for winter semester and decide that a mission just isn't for me, then I'll just cancel my papers. I still am just so up-in-the-air about a mission! I just don't know. But this way, all my options are wide open and as I chatted with my peer mentor about it this afternoon, she said, "If it seems like doors are starting to open, then go. If it seems like doors are shutting on you, then don't go."
I got a little package delivered to my apartment last night. My mom had told me awhile ago that she had ordered me a "Finals Survivor Kit." It was delivered last night, personally! :) It included: backpack, blanket, water bottle, 2 granola bars, a Snickers bar, chapstick, a pen and pencil, and a couple of coupons. :) It also came with a little message from mom and dad:
"Oh baby girl--Hope all is well and this little kit will help out, work hard and we love you to the moon and back. Love Dad & Mom"
Thanks Daddy and Mama!!! As I mentioned, I am so ready to study and work my bum off and just conquer these finals!!!! Pray for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment