You know what's hard?? Meeting all these amazing guys (who, did I mention, are amazing!) and they leave after just a semester to go on their missions!!!
I'm sitting at the Salt Lake City Airport, waiting for my flight...so of course I'm blogging. ;) Sarah and her bro Matt drove Beth and I to the airport early this morning, so we had to say our goodbyes to the boys last night. What a hard night! :(
Scott and Robert, two of our FHE brothers, left yesterday afternoon. They are both amazing boys and I will miss them so much! Scott took a little bit longer to bond with his sisters, but in the last few weeks I've really gotten to know the real Scott and he is amazing! He cares about others and will be a great missionary in El Salvador! :)
Robert, who is absolutely adorable, is a great friend. He is always smiling and makes others around him happy. He is so excited to serve the Lord and the people of Brazil in a couple of months. I love this boy so much!
Next, the stud dorm. 4 out of the 6 studs are leaving on missions! Which is awesome, but sad for those of us who are being left behind! :( JD, Jared, Evan, and Austin are 4 of the most amazing boys I've ever had the privilege of getting to know. JD is so down to earth, yet hilarious and fun. Jared is adorable and always the lift of the party. Evan is ALWAYS happy and brings a smile to anybody's face. And Austin is so caring and sweet and always willing to serve others. These boys are going to be fantastic missionaries, serving in Seattle, Honduras, Brazil, and the Philippines! :)
Lastly...Sam and Steve. These boys are the best of friends and are inseparable. In fact, over Thanksgiving break, Sam went home and Steve had to work on campus so he stayed and was hanging out with us one night. It was like watching a lost puppy! Steve seemed so incredibly lost without his bestie Sam! :( Again, these boys are adorable and so fun to be around! They will do great things serving in New York and Sweden! :)
I love all of these boys to pieces and am so grateful for the amazing friends that they have been to me. They all have made a profound impact in my life and are such great examples to me of simple kindness and a willingness to serve our brothers and sisters. Looks like I have 8 more missionaries to write! :P
Boys: Be safe and trust in the Lord. I can't thank you enough for being such great examples to me! I love you!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment