Monday, January 7, 2013

First Day! :)

Well...I'm very happy to report that my first day of second semester went great! I had a very full day, but it is good to be busy because that leaves no time to waste right? ;) This morning, I left early to pick up some textbooks at the Bookstore. As I was making my way from the Bookstore to the JKB, where my first class is, a cute boy came up beside me to ask where the JFSB building was. I told him, but he continued to walk with me and we got to know each other a little bit. His name is Mike and he is from Pasadina, California. (He was super cute, by the way). What a great start to my day! ;)
At 10, I had my first class, which was Book of Mormon with Dr. Marsh. I had the first half of the Book of Mormon with Dr. Marsh last semester and I loved it! This semester is the second half (Alma 30-Moroni 10) and so far, it looks like its gonna be another amazing class! At 11, I had Music 101 with Mr. Brown. From the first day, I do believe that I am going to love this class!
I then had a break, so I got lunch and then made my way to the RB, where I had my Beginning Jazz class at 2. I was, for some reason, super nervous for this class because I just was worried about being way out of my element. However, I'm super excited now because my teacher is way awesome and there's only about 20 people in the class and since it's the basics...it should be really interesting and rewarding.
Since I got out of jazz 30 min early, I walked home to put textbooks away and just relax for a bit. At 4, I had ASL, which is American Sign Language. I walked out of class feeling super overwhelmed because we weren't allowed to talk in class...at all. Everything is signing and since I don't know how to sign, I just felt really worried. My roommate Amanda took ASL 101 last semester and said that the first couple of days feel that way, but it gets better once you learn enough to sign comfortably. :)
At 5:10, I had a Social Dance class, which is the basics of ballroom dance and partnering. I have this class with 3 of my roommates and 2 of my guy friends and just from the first day, it's gonna a fun and "interesting" class.
So, like I said, a very full day, but I'm really excited about my classes this semester and I think I'm really going to learn a lot.
Tomorrow, I start my self-defense class!!! :) Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment