Being home for 3 weeks has made me feel such comfort that I was actually not wanting to come back to school. I was excited to see roommates and friends, but I was worried about starting new classes and going back to studying. So, leaving home was a bitter sweet experience for me (more bitter actually). However, last night (being our first night back together as roommates) Amanda, Beth and I went to the BYU Men's Volleyball game with two of our boys, Eric and Tanner. It was absolutely amazing by the way! :) Literally the best volleyball I've seen in awhile. Anyways, I've been thinking lately about the reasons why I love BYU so much. It really is super difficult to explain because I just don't know. However, during the game I was really pondering this and I'll try to put thoughts into words here...
The Spirit at BYU is indescribable. Things just have a way of working themselves out, no matter how bad it may seem at the time. My name is Jasmine Hoffman and I am a student at Brigham Young University and I am loving life. :)
Also, for the semester I decided that I wanted to record some goals for myself.
1) Stay (at least) at a B average in all of my classes, or better.
2) Consult more with professors and instructors throughout semester.
3) Ask questions or just be more out-spoken in classes.
4) Read the entire Book of Mormon by the end of the semester.
5) Strengthen my relationship with my Heavenly Father.
And for some miscellaneous goals:
- Get a date out of Kyle, a cute boy in my ward.
- Not sitting in the same area in classes...switch it up and meet different people.
Happy Sunday and hope you have a good week! As a boy bore his testimony in church this morning, he quoted something about going to BYU. Going to BYU and going out on dates is to find qualities you want in your future spouse, but most importantly, we should look at qualities that we want to incorporate into our own lives to become better individuals. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment