Thursday, January 24, 2013

Freezing Rain

    So, this morning I had quite an adventure with Beth...overnight, it rained. Well, this morning, it froze...creating sidewalk/skating rink type effect. Beth and I left the apartment at 8:45 to go to the gym before my 10 o'clock class. Little did we know that everything was pure ice. We slowly trekked our way to the road. Before crossing the street however, there is a slight hill that we had to venture down. Of course I ate it and slid the whole way down on my tushy. I had had my phone in my sweatshirt pocket, but when I fell it slipped out and went skidding across the sidewalk. Luckily, another kind soul saw it and saved it before it went down the gutter. We were walking with one of our guy friends, Travis, who tried to help me up, but ended up sliding, tripping over me, and falling himself. Luckily, neither of us were hurt, but it did give us all quite a laugh. :) It took over 30 minutes for Beth and I to walk (if you wanna call it that) to the Smith Fieldhouse. Totally showing our dedication, as we arrive soaked to the bone, freezing cold, bumped and bruised, Beth supporting a nice little gash on her ankle from being cut by some ice, but both of us laughing and thinking of all memories we had just made in the last 30 minutes! :) You bet we still worked out in the gym though! After I got out of my self-defense class, I got a text from Kristen saying that one of our FHE brothers, Alec, had slipped down the ramp on his way to campus and that he was going to need stitches! :( Of course after my next class, everything was already melted and I was able to walk safely home. When I got home, I went on Facebook to find pictures of Alec with blood pouring down his face. He had a nice big gash on his forehead and a little cut on his nose from his accident! :( When I texted him later and asked how he was doing, he said he was just hanging at his grandparents house and that he was doing ok. Poor guy!
    What an adventure it was though! :) After the Alec incident, the ramp to campus was closed until the ice melted. In ASL (Sign Language) today, we learned quite a lot of things...everything about relationships. We learned signs for grandparents, aunt, uncle, cousin, sister, brother, granddaughter, grandson...and on and on. It was a lot of information all at once, but that's why she told us to practice! Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment