This is my life. I'm a Mormon. I know it. I live it. And I love it! I am a Daughter of God, who loves me and I love Him. I know who I am, why I'm here and where I'm going.
Friday, January 25, 2013
My girl, Hannah Stoehr, has been called to the Philippines Tacloban Mission and reports on June 5...preparing to teach the Gospel in the Cebuano language!!! I couldn't be more stoked for her! She is already such a great missionary and example to me that I just can't imagine how wonderful a missionary she will be to the people in her mission! :) Seeing her excitement and joy to serve the Lord makes me want to start my papers right this second! Why does this decision have to be so hard? I feel like it's been easier for others. My roommate, Megan, knew right away that she wanted to serve a mission. I think the real issue for me is that I've already made the decision in my heart and am just too stubborn to accept it. I really don't know what I'm scared of...I want to serve a mission. I've been fighting it since the missionary age change was announced in October. As I was on my way to the Saturday morning session of General Conference, my wonderful mother gave me some words of wisdom. She told me that as I go into General Conference, to ask my Heavenly Father to bless me. If I needed to hear something, that I would hear it...and the announcement was made. The rest of the entire Conference, I couldn't stop thinking about how I felt like I was supposed to serve a mission. After the conference, my sister Jeana sent me a text, "So, are you putting your mission papers in?" When I called her and said yes, I was really thinking about it, she was both surprised and excited for me. As I have blogged before, 18 months away from my family seems like forever, but I know that me serving a mission would bless the lives of my family in countless ways. My only question now is...when do I start my papers and what would my availability date be? I don't want to leave in June...not before Jill has the baby. I know there may always be something that I'm going to miss, some event (wedding, baby, etc) that I will most likely miss being on a mission or even being here at school. Also, not leaving until August-ish would give me the summer to soak up time with my family and also to work at the ice cream shoppe and at Summer School to save money for school when I got back. I figured this weekend was going to be relaxing and fun, but all I can think about so far is whether I need to be starting my mission papers. I've talked to several of my roommates...I've come to the conclusion that starting my papers wouldn't hurt. I guess if I start my papers and it just feels right, its the path I'm supposed to be on. I'm really trying not to let all the excitement pressure me...and I don't think it is. It was right after the announcement was made, but not anymore. I want to serve a mission because I want to be a servant of the Lord and spread this amazing Gospel. I feel so selfish that I have this wonderful Spirit and I'm not sharing it with others that don't have it. I want everyone to be able to feel of this amazing Gospel and have all the blessings that accompany it. I want them to feel of the atmosphere that is BYU itself. I have such a testimony of the mind-blowing Plan of Salvation and of the plan that Heavenly Father has for each and every one of us. I love the temple and all the sacred ordinances that are performed inside its beautiful walls. I know that Heavenly Father hears our prayers, no matter how significant we feel. I know that He can bless our lives according to our faith in Him. I know that our Savior, Jesus Christ, loves us unconditionally. He paid the ultimate price for us and that is because He loves us. And I love Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment