I just realized that I never posted about General Conference weekend! Shame on me! It was wonderful! Friday night, a couple of us went to our FHE brother, Tanner's lacrosse game. After the game, Sarah, Amanda, Beth, and I drove up to Salt Lake to spend the night at Sarah's house. We had Conference tickets for both the morning and afternoon sessions of Saturday. When we got to Sarah's house, her mom made us popcorn and we got settled in. Of course we played Just Dance for a little bit before finally going to bed.
Saturday morning, we were up early getting ready and then we drove to temple square. We parked south of the temple so that we got to walk through temple square to the conference center. We had seats on the terrace, which last time we were on the balcony, so they slowly improved! :) Conference was absolutely wonderful!
In between sessions, we walked back to the car and ate our sack lunches and then headed back to the conference center to grab our seats for the afternoon session. Our roommate, Kristen, and a few of our guy friends were singing in the BYU choir during the afternoon session, and we had floor seats! (We were way off the right side, but still...) We were able to, during conference, pick out all 6 of our friends! Woo! It was so cool to see people we knew up there! I was so surprised that the Young Women General Presidency was released! I love Sister Dalton, and she was YW General President all the while I was in YW, so it was hard to see her released. I'm sure the new presidency will be brilliant and I know that they are called of God.
After conference, I got dropped off in Lehi and Hannah Kimball picked me up. I stayed at her house Saturday night and watched Sunday sessions of conference with her fam! It was a lot of fun to see the kids and really get to spend time with them. Last time, I didn't get a lot of time to really play with the kids, but this time, Luke and I were wrestling and the girls would always climb up on my lap :) I just love General Conference weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment