Sunday, November 17, 2013

November 16

Sorry, my mother had to inform me (again) that I'm behind on my blogging. :) Yesterday I was grateful for past and current dance teachers for all the wonderful things they've taught me. From my very first dance teacher ever, my aunt Vicki, to my current ballroom teachers now, Caitlin and Jessica. All teachers in between: Laura, Michelle, Katie, Cara, Annie and Russ. I was able to actually see Russ and Annie, from last semester (first teachers to get me excited about ballroom), yesterday morning at Dancesport. They were also able to watch me compete in samba and I was really happy to catch up with them. What great people!

News about Dancesport, Kyle and I made it 3 rounds in the samba competition! We were really excited and proud of ourselves! The next round would have been quarter finals, but didn't end up making it. However, I didn't think we would make it that far, so I'm really happy. I tried really hard to work on performing, rather than worrying so much about the steps and technique. I actually had a lot more fun dancing when I did this. Josh was able to come and watch me dance too, so it was wonderful getting to look up and see his smiling face :)

I am truly grateful and appreciative of the people who have developed my dancing talent and have gotten me more excited about dance. The more dance classes I take and even the more different styles of dance I try out, the more I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment