Yesterday I threw my roommate, Amanda, her bridal shower. It was a little bit stressful since I thought I was going to have a co-host, her friend Jolynda. However, very last minute, she couldn't make it due to her car needing fixing. I had to rush back to the store to get decorations and other things I forgot the first time. However, amidst all my stressing out, I think it turned out alright. Not too many people came though, it was a little disappointing. We had a bunch of food left over, which my roomies, Josh, and I have been eating since. We played a couple of games about getting to know Amanda and Bryce and then she opened gifts. She got a LOT of lingerie! haha. And...a cake pan and ladle from Ms. Meggie Scheidt. haha. Josh and I put together a Honeymoon Survival Kit for Bryce and Amanda. It was pretty fun and they got a kick out of some of things we put in there. We tried to not get too graphic or dirty, but some things we just couldn't resist. For example, I just HAD to put a pregnancy test in there, just in case! :D
Amanda moves out on Wednesday and I'm trying oh so very hard not to think too much about how I'm not going to be seeing her next semester! :( It's so crazy how just last year we did absolutely everything together and now, just 8 months later, both of us are engaged and preparing to get married! (Amanda getting married at the end of this month!) Such craziness! Bryce and Amanda are a couple that Josh and I will continue to keep in touch with and travel to see them once in a while. Josh and I have already discussed how we don't want to lose contact with them because we've just grown so close with them! We've had a lot of fun dates and laughs with them this semester and we definitely don't want to lose that!
Amidst cleaning checks, the bridal shower, dealing with roommates, and counting down the days until I go home, oh yeah...I also have finals starting tomorrow! I only have 3 finals this semester, which is awesome! I'm taking my New Testament final bright and early tomorrow morning, studying, then taking my Stats final, studying more and more and then taking my Music 201 final on Tuesday sometime. I don't leave until Thursday morning, so I have all day Wednesday to pack, move into Meggie's room, and spend some quality time with my amazing fiance! Speaking of Josh, an 8-month engagement is ridiculous! We are so envious of Bryce and Amanda and wish we were getting married at the end of the month. However, I am glad we are waiting because I can actually focus on school and not have to constantly make wedding plans! I don't have to rush to get things planned or done. It's nice to know that we have time to figure things out. At the same time, it seems SO far away! :) I just can't wait to marry him! I mean, c'mon! Have you seen him lately? He is just so unbelievably adorable! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment