Friday, January 24, 2014

Slacker

I know...I am a total slacker with my blog! The first three weeks of school have gone pretty well. I met with my academic advisor on Wednesday and he told me I was taking a class that is already covered by my El Ed major. So I'm taking a class that I didn't have to. Yay! I'm trying to find a way out of the class now. I can always withdraw from the class, but I need to have 14 credits to keep my scholarship and if I withdrew, I'd only have 12. The add/drop deadline has already passed, so I'm trying to find a class I need to take that starts second block, at the end of February so I can stay in this class until then, then I'll withdraw. The trick is to find a class that will work with my schedule now. Ugh...I may just end up sucking it up and staying in this class. However, our first test is next week and I'm kind of nervous for it. It sounds like it might be pretty difficult and I don't want to stay in a class that I never had to take in the first place and do bad in it! It's going to bring down my GPA and I definitely don't want that. I should have made an appointment with my advisor earlier, before the add/drop deadline so I knew before it was too late. I'm so scared, since I'm getting more into my major classes, that I'm going to take a class I don't need or not take a class that I do need. So I called my advisor's assistant and made an appointment for Monday to meet with Brandan again to try to figure this out. The ironic thing is...I'm also taking El Ed 323 which is a children's literacy development class. When I met with Brandan, he started laughing a little and said, "I don't mean to pour salt in your wound, but the El Ed 323 literacy class is actually the class that covers this class you're in." So basically the class I'm in that I didn't need is covered by an El Ed class that I'm also in. I wanted to die. I feel so embarrassed, but I'm just so confused. I didn't know I didn't have to take these other classes for my minor (which is a minor that is automatically attached to the El Ed major). I thought I had to take both sets of classes. Ugh...we'll see how it goes.
In other news, Josh got a different job this semester and he loves it! Last semester he worked in the early mornings at the campus bakery. It didn't pay the best and he didn't get a lot of hours. This semester, he is a referee for intramural basketball! He only has Sunday and Monday off every week, and he also works at night now instead of the mornings. Every night this week (besides Monday), he has worked 6-10 pm at night. So it has cut the time we spend together at night, however, it gives me lots of time to get ahead on homework and projects! I've started to really like this time to myself while he's at work. Of course, I would definitely rather spend the time with him rather than doing homework and trying to find other things to do every night. For example, last Friday night he was working, so I basically got all of my homework for this week completely done. It was great! We (well, mostly me) are still trying to get wedding stuff done in the midst of all our school stuff. Recently, I decided to change my colors for our wedding. We had already gotten the bridesmaids dresses, but I wasn't a huge fan of them. My colors were tiffany blue (light blue) and a light coral. I know...difficult colors right? The dresses were coral rose, but they were too casual for a wedding. So I decided to try to make everything easier for flowers and decorations so I changed coral to pink! My sisters, mom, and I searched the internet for new bridesmaid dresses in pink instead and we found some that we like much better! They are ordered and hopefully are on their way soon! I went and had my first fitting for my wedding dress alterations last weekend! My second fitting will be on Feb. 3 and I can't wait!
Josh's birthday was yesterday...that old fart turned 22! :) I almost peed myself all day as I anticipated giving him his present! He finally opened it after I was done with class yesterday evening. I also made him dirt cake! Yummy! Josh and I are going to see Lebron play, when the Heat plays the Utah Jazz! He was pretty excited, but somewhat like his sister, doesn't show much emotion when opening presents! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment