Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Glimpse into the mission field...

This past Saturday morning, before we went to Swan Lake, Josh had asked me to go along with him back to West Jordan (an area of his mission). While on his mission, Josh, aka Elder Weier, had reactivated a member named Lindsie and baptized her two oldest kids, Tyson and Annaliese. Her youngest daughter, Jirzey, was 6 at the time so she was unable to get baptized. Awhile ago, Lindsie called Josh and asked if he could come back to West Jordan in February and baptize Jirzey. Josh's companion, Elder Grow, at the time was also invited to come since they were the pair of missionaries that helped get Lindsie back to church and baptize her kids.
So Jirzey's baptism was this past Saturday morning and I got to go! What an amazing experience! I'm very grateful to have Josh serve in a mission that is so accessible to the both of us while we're at school. It's been really awesome getting to meet many of the members Josh got close to while he was on his mission. Meeting Lindsie, Tyson, Annaliese, and Jirzey was really cool because they have such high regards for Josh and they took care of him for me.
Here is Josh and his former companion, Elder Grow, with Lindsie in the middle and little Jirzey in the front :)

Lindsie's kids are adorable and full of sass and they reminded me so much of home. I'm proud of Jirzey and her decision to be baptized and I'm grateful that I got to meet them. I'm grateful that Josh was such an amazing missionary. I'm grateful that he gets to go back and visit his mission so often; many missionaries never have that chance. Josh and I are actually going to Midvale in 2 weeks to stay with the Sharp family, who are also coming to our wedding because they got really close to Josh. Since I've been out here with Josh, we've gotten to spend a lot of time with the Sharps and they are just awesome people!
Above all, I'm so very grateful that Josh was able to serve a mission. He might not be able to see the blessings, but I can. His mission didn't change him as a person, but he has grown so much through his many experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment